Volunteering at Friend
Volunteers are very welcome at FRIEND Farm Animal Sanctuary. We need help caring for the animals, cleaning and also maintaining the site. We have regular volunteer days throughout the year which are organised by our volunteers. To get involved in these please read on
Current volunteer days
Our volunteer days are organised by our volunteers, with each group having a regular day of the month that they come to help out on. Please contact the people below if you would like to get involved:
- The contact for the 2nd Saturday is London Vegan Meetup group
- The last Saturday is organised by the London Animal Rights meet-up group
- London Vegan Actions come down on a Sunday, see their calendar or contact them via Facebook
- Weekday opportunities are available too, contact Aziz Salem on Facebook, or @vegan316 on Instagram
- Tonbridge Vegan Group come up once a month, get in touch on Facebook
If you’re coming from somewhere else on these days you can still get in touch with these people and they will co-ordinate with you.
What to bring
- Wellies (in winter it can get very muddy) or sturdy outdoor boots
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Wear old, warm clothes that you don't mind getting dirty
- Work gloves
- A packed lunch or food to share as there currently isn't catering on site
- Tea, coffee, drinking water and compost toilets are available
There are plenty of other things that we need help with at FRIEND! You can organise fundraising events, stalls, food donations, help with admin, artwork and design, etc.…
Also if you have any other practical skills such as plumbing, carpentry etc., and would like to offer these, or have any materials to donate we would like to hear.
We also need help with our Festival and Open Days in summer. It is possible to stay for a few days to help out around these times. Please email us with ‘event help’ in the subject line.
A job that we desperately need volunteers for is fundraising. You could hold bake sales, raffles, sponsored walks/runs/etc, office events, benefit gigs, the list goes on! Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.